Central Storage – is it for me ?
- Is your present farm grain storage out of date and unable to meet the demands imposed by the modern harvest, the standards demanded by the Assured Combinable Crops scheme, Salmonella legislation and the Food Safety Act?
- Will you find it difficult to attain the present 15% moisture level, or the proposed lower levels in a normal year?
- Are you short staffed at harvest?
- Do you find it difficult to segregate grades and varieties?
- Concerned over the number of claims and rejections when delivering grain out?
The real-life Benefits of Central Storage
The focus of Central Storage is to provide a cost effective storage option to the traditional on-farm based storage, whilst maximising the financial potential of all members arable crop production. Owned by the members and operated for the members gain and benefit.
A Central Store is ready and able to keep pace with your harvest requirements which means you are in control of the critical “When to Harvest“ decision, with positive gains in the areas of both labour and crop quality issues. Improvements from recent expansions ensure that all your crop will be cleaned, sorted, blended and graded beyond the capability of even the most comprehensive on farm setup. Even in a extreme harvest the store has the capability to maximise the financial return on your crop. Long term storage presents opportunities by allowing you to choose the optimum time to go to market with your crop.
Central Storage presents a realistic option to farmers whose own facilities may have outlived their natural lifespan, and are no longer cost effective to rebuild. Others may simple have outgrown their storage or lack the segregation to keep future marketing opportunities
- Lower capital cost compared to on-farm construction
- Capital cost spread over 10 years
- Purchase what you need, from 50 tonnes to 50,000 tonnes
- On-farm land and buildings can be put to other use
- Members’ grain weighed an tested on intake, giving certainty and peace of mind
- Grain can be held for up to 9 months to benefit from carry in the market
- Gain collected to suit your combining and harvest
- Members benefit from blending and up-grading of the grain by the store
- All members treated equally
- No profit being made at Members’ expense
- No grain rejections
- Plant (asset) maintained to last
- Grant aided benefiting all members by substatialy driving down cost.